Don’t blame it on a sluggish thyroid! Take charge. Follow these simple tips and break through any platueau.
1. Eat more raw veggies. There is a thermogenic effect of digesting foods. This means it requires energy, and yes this mean burning calories, to digest raw veggies. A lot of energy. It requires very little digestive energy to digest a donut.
2. Drink cold water. Once again it is an energy thing. The body will use energy to maintain body temperature.
3. Burst Train. Study after study is proving that short bursts of high intensity training are far superior than slow long low intensity cardio workouts. So try 8 sets of 15 squat thrusts with 30-60 second breaks. You will be done faster and fire up the hormones that burn fat!
4. Eat more often. It is essential to keep your sugar levels steady and stable. Small frequent meals are best. If you go long periods between meals it slows the metabolic processes. Remember digestion requires energy. Try to eat at least something every 3 hours during your waking hours.
5. Strength Train. It is not going to get done with the Elliptical machine alone. Muscle mass is essential for fat metabolism. The more muscle the more fat burning. It need not be heavy weights either. Simple bands or any resistance is beneficial. Your body does not know the difference from a band or dumbbell. Even sit ups, pushups and pullups are considered resistance training.
For more information, check out our weight loss program.