If you are suffering with neck pain, it can be hard to find the right neck pain treatment that rids you of that throbbing pain once and for all. Typically, neck pain sufferers tend to rely on pain medication or other more severe methods like surgery. It’s not unusual for people to have neck pain, relieve the pain, and have it return again. With our sedentary lifestyle and constant computer and smart phone usage, our postures and body positioning actually invites pain in all parts of our bodies, especially our neck, back and shoulders. So what does someone do if they’re dealing with constant neck pain?
Treating Neck Strain Holistically
Neck strain can be relieved without running to pop Advil or Tylenol, but frequently, this is what people do in order to relieve the pain, not realizing that there are better methods to relieve the strain.
Here are a few ways a neck doctor can help you heal your neck pain without relying on pain relievers:
No More Pain Relievers: Holistic Neck Doctor
Typically, a neck doctor will rely on some other methods to relieve your pain:
- Physical Therapy—using physical therapy methods can help you not only heal the pain, but learn how to sit and stretch your neck in order to prevent constant neck pain and aches
- Acupuncture—acupuncture is a great method to healing all types of pain—neck aches included. Using needles, an experienced acupuncturist will target your areas of pain in order to give you complete pain relief without medications
- Chiropractic care—chiropractic care involves stretching and manipulation of the spine and neck without resorting to drastic surgeries and drugs with heavy side effects
- Pain Management Methods— there are pain management methods that won’t require drugs with heavy side effects or severe surgery.
Neck Pain Therapy
Here are a few examples of groundbreaking and advanced neck pain therapy that does not involve surgery or drugs:
– Steroid injections
– Platelet rich plasma injections
– Cold therapy
– Trigger Point Injections
Each of these methods requires an experienced practitioner who focuses on healing patients in a more natural way. Seeking out a practice that has all of these tools: holistic pain management, physical therapy, acupuncture and chiropractic care would be a fantastic way to nip neck pain in the bud for good—and never looking back!