Many people get a pain in shoulder or in both shoulders, but they may not know if it is a serious problem or not.
Here are some of the signs of a shoulder problem:
- Is your shoulder stiff—or unable to move? Do you have less mobility in your shoulder?
- Are you unable to carry out daily activities because of a weakening in your shoulder?
- Does it feel as if the shoulder might pop out of the socket?
Those are some signs of a serious shoulder problem.
Common Shoulder Issues- Rotator Cuff Pain, Frozen Shoulder & More
There are many different types of shoulder pain, like rotator cuff pain for example.
Some of the common issues are:
- Rotator cuff pain: Unfortunately, because the rotator cuff is one of the most pivotal parts of the shoulder, it makes an injury to the rotator cuff, intense. The rotator cuff is what helps you lift your arm and reach overhead. This injury can severely restrict someone from participating in sports.
- Frozen shoulder: This condition will prevent you from moving your arm. It starts with stiffness and pain, and then it tends to worsen as time goes on. Frozen shoulder usually stems from a medical issue like diabetes, or if someone has a procedure or medical condition like a stroke that prevents him or her from using an arm for some time.
Other Major Shoulder Issues: Shoulder Tendonitis & Separated Shoulder
Here are a few more common shoulder problems:
- Shoulder tendonitis: This occurs when the shoulder tendons are irritated or inflamed. Tendonitis can happen in many parts of the body. The tendon attaches the muscle to the bone, and when irritated or inflamed can be very painful. This type of injury can happen from sports, overuse, and other issues like arthritis.
- Separated shoulder: The ligaments that hold the collarbone to your shoulder blade are injured or very stretched. In some cases, the ligaments might be ripped—or torn.
Are you experiencing any of these common, but painful shoulder problems? If you answered yes, you may have consulted for your problems and found that many doctors will go straight to surgery or pain killers to relieve your issue, but many patients today are seeking a more holistic and less extreme way of relieving their pain and renewing their strength again.
Here are ways that doctors help heal shoulder problems—without harsh surgeries and medications.
Relieving Your Shoulder Problem: Shoulder Pain Treatment
Here are a few ways doctors who rely on cutting edge treatments without harsh drugs or surgeries, may help you with relieving your shoulder problem:
- Physical Therapy: Physical therapy is a great way to renew flexibility and strength in your shoulders. An expert physical therapist with a lot of experience will be able to choose the right therapy plan to get you into better shape.
- Platelet Rich Plasma Injections: PRP injection contains platelets, which are blood cells involved in injury healing. These cells contain natural growth factors to help your body heal naturally without harsh medications or surgeries
- Acupuncture: This practice uses fine needles to target certain pathways or what is called “meridians” in the human body to help relieve pain.
- Cold Laser Therapy: This type of therapy uses cold lasers—no harsh side effects or surgeries needed—to relieve inflammation and pain
- Chiropractic Care
- At-home stretching exercises to build strength and flexibility
No matter what shoulder pain treatment you choose, there are many options out there today that you can try before considering surgery or getting yourself used to living on relying on pain killers. Consult with a wellness doctor, physical therapist or chiropractor to see what kind of care your body needs to feel its best again.