More than 20 million Americans suffer from peripheral neuropathy, a problem caused by damage to the nerves in the arms and legs. If you are one of them, you know how devastating this condition can be.
What exactly is neuropathy?
It is a collection of disorders that occurs when nerves of the peripheral nervous system (the part of the nervous system that resides outside of the brain and spinal cord) are damaged. It is most commonly a result of damage to nerve axons.
Numbness in Hands or Nerve Pain in Arm: Symptoms of Peripheral Neuropathy
If you have numbness in hands or nerve pain in arm, you may have peripheral neuropathy.
Here are some of the other common symptoms:
- Muscle weakness or paralysis
- Frequent falling—poor motor coordination
- Sharp, freezing or throbbing pain
- Burning pain
- Sensitive to touch
- Tingling or pricking in your feet or hands
- Tingling traveling up through the feet or hands to the legs and arms
Neuropathy happens for a variety of reasons, such as:
- Traumatic infections
- Metabolic disorders
- Exposure to toxins
- Diabetes—this is actually one of the most common causes
- Various autoimmune diseases
- Vitamin deficiencies
If you’re seeking neuropathy treatment, why not reach out for a consult today with Advanced Wellness? Our integrative multidisciplinary practice works together as a team to create an individualized treatment plan perfect for your needs. Taking a more holistic approach, we try to create “well bodies,” from head to toe.
Some of the common treatments we may try as a team are:
- Physical Therapy
- Nutritional counseling and supplementation
- Advanced pain management therapies
Advanced Wellness uses the latest scientific technologies to deliver the best treatments for our patients. Call us today at 732) 431-2155 to let us make a treatment plan that works for you.