Common symptoms may include numbness, burning, intense pain, and muscle weakness. Advanced Wellness provides treatments for patients experiencing peripheral neuropathy, tailored specifically to the location, type and severity of pain:
- Spinal Cord Stimulation – Low frequency electrical pulses administered on the spine. These pulses block nerve pathways.
- Sympathetic blocks – The injection of anesthetic into or around damaged nerves.
- Sympathetic Neurolysis – A targeted injection to destroy damaged nerves.
- Radio frequency ablation of the sympathetic chain – Used on different nerve locations to cause neural ablation or destruction of nerves identified as “pain generating.”
- Peripheral Nerve Blocks – The injection of anesthetic to the nerve or nerves that control sensation to specific parts of the body experiencing pain.
- Desensitization Injection Therapy – A targeted injection that eliminates the stimulus for pain.
- Transdermal Therapy – The application of medication directly on the area of the body experiencing pain.
- Pulse Stimulation – Provides a steady current of low frequency electrical impulses to specific peripheral nerves.